According to the Vido of the Supreme court, march 6 2018 has directed the reconstruction of the law graduate test. So that Law-GAT held the Pakistan bar council under the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Hence the purpose of the law graduate test (GAT) is to ensure that only a competitive graduate is desirous to join the legal system of Pakistan. However Competent individuals can only enter the legal profession for practicing the law.
So according to these policies, a law graduate will only become eligible to apply to the bar council for enrolment as an advocate. when he/she can clear the law graduate assessment test authorized by the Pakistan bar council.
But now Law-GAT the higher education commission the law gat test under the Pakistan bar council. So according to the supreme court of Pakistan under section 26 (cc) of the legal Practice and bar council act 1973.
Eligibility Criteria for Law Graduate Test
Eligibility criteria to apply for law graduate assessment test 2021-2022. As a candidate who has cleared the LLB final year examination from a public or private university or college. Such institutes are recognized by the higher education commission of Pakistan.
For the complete detail of the syllabus, visit the links LAW GAT Syllabus
Related: Law Gat Past Papers
Other Requirements for the law gat test registration.
- Applicants must submit a copy of the LLB degree. If a degree is not issued. Then the applicant may submit the marks certificate of the final examination.
- Law- GAt requires 40% marks to qualify.
- The applicant has a maximum of three chances to clear the law graduate test.
- The applicant will have to meet other criteria if any changes in the rules of the Pakistan bar council.
Date of Test
- He declared the date of the test at the roll no slip or first.
- Roll no slip is available at the Postle where the student registers on HEC online registration.
- Applicants will receive a text or email for the confirmation of the test date
He Law Graduate Test Registration (law gat registration)
- For online registration please visit the link https://hec.gov.pk for online Law Gat registration
- Any problem during the registration please visit your regional centers which are Lahore, Quetta, Karachi, and Peshawar for guidance or email [email protected]
- Such as the test fee is Rs:3000 /.which were deposited in the HEC account that can be declared at the time of the test announcement
- Applicants are required to courier a copy of the LLB degree 0r final year marks certificate to the address of the Higher Education Commission